Empire Lacrosse Boys 7v7 Fall Classic
2023 Empire Lacrosse 19th Annual 7v7 Fall Classic
**EMAIL INFO@EMPIRELAX.COM TO RESERVE YOUR TEAM’S SPOT**
- 2023 Empire Lacrosse 19th Annual 7v7 Fall Classic Event Day Information Team Packet
- 2023 Empire Lacrosse 19th Annual 7v7 Fall Classic Boy’s 14U/Middle School Division Schedule
- 2023 Empire Lacrosse 19th Annual Boys 7v7 Fall Classic Junior Varsity Division Game Schedule
The 2023 Empire Lacrosse 19th Annual 7v7 Fall Classic is scheduled to take place Sunday, October 1st at the Grand Park Sports Complex in Westfield, Indiana. Our beautiful Kentucky Bluegrass fields are centrally located and contain all of the conveniences you will need for the day. This fantastic all day event is a great opportunity to get your Student Athletes excited for the spring season in a fun, competitive and safe environment.
Our Boys Division of the Empire Fall Classic is open to 14U/Middle School, High School Junior Varsity, and High School Varsity Boys Teams. Coaches/Team Organizers should email email@example.com to reserve their team’s spot. Spaces are limited and we do fill-up!
Each team is guaranteed a minimum of 3 games. Games will consist of 2×22 minutes halves with a 5 minute halftime. The field size is modified to accommodate the 7v7 format. The minimum roster size is 12 Student Athletes and the maximum roster size should not exceed 18 Student Athletes.
All Student Athletes MUST have an up-to-date US Lacrosse Membership. They will also NEED to fill out the Empire Lacrosse Waiver and Registration Form in order to participate.
The Participation Fee for the 2023 Fall Classic is $65/player. Registration will officially close on Friday, September 29th at 11:59pm. Please be aware that there is NO walk-up registration available the day of the event. Programs that would like to pay for their whole team via check should call to access the team payment waiver link; the above link is only for teams where the individual Student Athlete is paying to play.
The complete game schedule will be emailed to the Coaches/Team Organizers and posted in a link at the top of this page no later than Monday, September 25th EOB. Games can start as early as 9am with priority for the later start times given to those traveling further distances. There will be free parking, modern restrooms, food and equipment vending on-site for your convenience. Coaches/Team Organizers will need to check their team in a minimum of 30 minutes prior to their first game. Please note that all games will be played RAIN or SHINE! In the event of poor weather, the schedule may be changed and/or games may be shortened to ensure every team gets optimal playing time. All games will be officiated by certified ILOA Officials. In case of an emergency there will be Certified Athletic Trainers available throughout the facility!
- Date: Sunday, October 1st
- Start Time: Games may start as early as 9am (this is a full day event)
- Location: Grand Park Sports Complex, Westfield, Indiana (directions below)
- Boys 14U/Middle School Division (2028, 2029, and 2030 Grad Year Athletes are eligible)
- Boys High School Junior Varsity
- Boys High School Varsity Division
- Cost: Participation Fee: $65/Athlete
Boys 7v7 Playing Format/Rules Sheet:
- All Players MUST fill out the Registration/Waiver form online.
- All Players MUST wear full equipment, including a MOUTHGUARD.
- Each team will be guaranteed a minimum of 3 Games.
- Each team should have a minimum of 12 players on their roster.
- The playing field will be modified for 7v7 play.
- Each team will have 1 G, 2 D, 2 M, and 2 A on the field at one time.
- Only 2 long poles are allowed on the field at one time.
- The games will consist of 2×22 minute halves (running time) with no more than a 5 minute halftime.
- In the event of a tie, a 4v4 (3 field players + a goalie) Braveheart will be used to determine the winner. Please note that 1 player MUST stay on their defensive half of the field at all times.
- Each team will have one 30 second timeout per game; timeouts may not be called in the last 2 minutes of play.
- A face-off will only occur at the beginning of each game and the start of the second half.
- Following each goal, the goalie will restart play by out-letting the ball. A free clear may be awarded to a team if they are down by 5 or more goals.
- Penalties will be time serving; all fouls will be 90 seconds.
- Student Athletes may be removed from the field of play by the referee and asked to sit out for not following the rules.
- If a Student Athlete is removed from a single game more than 2x’s he will be suspended from the next game.
- Student Athletes that are suspended from games or ejected from the tournament are not eligible for a refund.
- Fighting will result in an automatic ejection and players will not be permitted to play the remainder of the day.
- Body contact is limited to man-ball situations only. There are NO takeout checks allowed!
- All substitutions must occur on the fly.
- All other rules of the game will follow NFHS rules.
Directions to Grand Park:
- From the north/US-31: Take 191st Street west to Grand Park. Turn left onto Grand Park Boulevard and right on 186st Street. Then follow signs to parking lot G or F.
- From southeast/I-465 East: Take Keystone Avenue Exit 33 and head north. Merge on to US-31 and continue north to SR-32 and head west. Turn right onto Grand Park Boulevard and left on 186st Street. Then follow signs to parking lot G or F.
- From the southwest/I-465 West: Take N. Meridian Exit 31 and head north to US-31. Continue north to SR-32 and head west. Turn right onto Grand Park Boulevard and left on 186st Street. Then follow signs to parking lot G or F.
*Please note; there will be NO REFUNDS for teams that pull out after committing to a spot*